The weather has been glorious. I’ve been hoping on the days I’m at work that it rains so I won’t feel bad about being at work. I got my paperback copy of Further Within Darkness and impressed with all the poems in there and proud to have some of my work in there too.
I published a poem called Joe & Ivy on Spillwords Press and it’s been liked on twitter a lot including Rem from Harvester Games and Screen 7 who were part of the dev team behind the awesome horror game Downfall based on Joe and Ivy Davis.
I plan on doing some more articles on Vocal but been concentrating on Fishman and fanfic Game Of Mass Destruction.
Two of my poems Fesenjen & Boba and Darjeeling have been chosen to be published in Volume Three of Persian Sugar In English Tea. You can get volume one and two on paperback on Amazon. It’s a bilingual anthology of poems so it will be a great honour to have my poems translated into Persian.
Available to pre-order on Amazon
There’s 212 poems in this, including two of mine. I can’t wait to read all the other poems in this as well and I’m planning to get a paperback copy of this too when it’s available.
Haven’t done one of these in a while so thought I’d recap on how me and my writing is going on.
- I heard back from Oxford Writers’ Circle and Corona and it’s a no from both of them.
- My list got rejected on Listverse so I sent it to Vocal and they took it.
- I’m currently working on chapter 7 of my novel Fishman.
- I counted how many unfinished fan fics I had and there are 12. I’m still focusing on Game of Mass Destruction for the time being as it’s the one where I’ve got the most ideas and the biggest following so far. (It’s had over 700 hits on AO3, even though it’s on Wattpad and FF.Net.)
- I had a huge setback yesterday which made me really upset. Nothing to do with writing, it’s work related so I’m looking for another place to work and try and leave my current job once I get accepted elsewhere. So far I’ve applied to three other places.
- Don’t know if I said it here, but I got a poem published in Writing Magazine last month.
It’s been a while since I did an update on Fishman’s progress. I’ve finished five chapters and three flashback scenes and the total word count so far is up to about 10,000. Those who have read the last and first chapter of Fishman enjoyed it and really like sound of Bobby’s Grandpa, so he’ll get a lot more scenes later on in the novel.
I wrote a 300 flash fiction for last month’s flash fiction contest on Flash Zero with the idea of Bobby meeting a genie. I don’t know if I will include the genie into the story as I’m not quite sure how he would fit into the novel.